From Ren'Py Visual Novel Engine
A framework is a set of Ren'Py script files that adds large amounts of new functionality to Ren'Py. At the cost of having to learn the (potentially idiosyncratic) way the framework does things, using a framework lets you create new types of games with Ren'Py.
These frameworks are not part of Ren'Py proper, and are supported by their creators.
DSE (Dating Sim Engine)
The dating sim engine provides a framework for creating dating-sim style games. It consists of two parts: A day planner that lets the user pick classes of events that occur during the day, and an event manager that chooses which events should be presented to the user. Documentation can be found on the DSE page.
- http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=31571 has a far newer version of the DSE, updated to support screen language.
- dse2-20080829.zip (released 2008-08-29)
- dse-20080205.zip (released 2008-02-05)
- dse-20070715.zip (released 2007-07-15)
- Last tested with Ren'Py 6.6.3
The cardgame engine provides primitives for creating card games. Documentation can be found on the the cardgame page.
- The cardgame engine is under a different license than Ren'Py proper. Please read the documentation for details of this license. Commercial licenses are available.
- Cardgame-2.zip (released 2008-09-12)
- Cardgame-1.zip (released 2008-09-09)
- Last tested with Ren'Py 6.7.0
- Supported by PyTom
Renpygame lets you run pygame code inside Ren'Py. This allows fairly complicated games to be created by programmers of sufficient skill.
- renpygame-1.2.zip (released 2008-12-16)
- renpygame-1.1.zip (released 2007-09-25)
- Requires Ren'Py 6.3.2 or later.
- Last tested with Ren'Py 6.3.2
- Supported by PyTom
The soft keyboard engine provides a software keyboard allows the user to input text by clicking on the keys displayed on the screen. The framework supports input of the alphabet, special characters, symbols, and even characters from other languages (as long as the font allows for it) into any Ren'Py game. Documentation can be found on the SoftKeyboard page.